Early Birthday Present


Well I got an early B-Day present from the wife. Hopefully it will lead to new and interesting thing on this site, my hope is that it will help continue my adventures into macro photography.



Canon EF 50 mm - F/1.8
- Aperture goes down to f1.8
- Min focus distance of 18 inches
- 46 degrees of view

The f1.8 aperture means greater flexibility with shutter speed in low light situations with out resorting to a flash.Aperture Explained

It is a fixed zoom, but we aren't quite ready to pay for a telephoto lense at f1.8. Those start at something like $400. The reason for this lens on my wish list, well actually it wasn't on my wish list, the wife did some good research and made a good find. Anyways, it should be a great weapon in learning to match my photographic skill with my photographic thoughts.

Can't wait for the trip to Tampa/St Pete in March, and Spring flowers in Michigan in April and May!

0 comments